Sunday 6 March 2011

Heart Attack.....

Do you wanna be a fighter?? Diego Sanchez does...



I'm not Diego's biggest fan, he's way too fucking crazy for me, but after his fight agains't Kampmann last Thursday can you tell me a fighter that has more heart and determination?? Anyone? That's how he beat Kampmann, not because he had better striking (obviously given his face), not because he's a better wrestler, or because of Jackson's game plan, nope non of those. He beat him on pure heart, and you gotta fucking love that.

I'm not going to discuss the decision too much. The judges gave it to Sanchez and I agree with them. After the first round he led the pace, was the aggressor, scored a takedown and despite all the damage he took he still kept coming. It's a tough break for Kampmann now being two in the hole, but he's got nothing to worry about after that fight.

The fact that Sanchez stood in front of the elite Danish striker kinda shocked me, and I wasn't the only one. I expected more takedowns. You could see a genuine look of concern on Kampmann's face after each of those flurries from Sanchez, and the fact that no matter how much punishment he added to Diegos face, the yoga loving freak just kept standing in front of him?! And this wasn't the first time....



After the fight with BJ I remember saying I'd never seen anyone with so much heart. Now, after his fight with Kampmann and actually getting the win, I think I can comfortably say two things. Firstly, I don't think there will ever be another fighter in the UFC that has more heart than this kid. Secondly, I was wrong about what I said earlier, Diego may be mad as a fucking hatter, but I'm quickly becoming his biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment