Saturday 5 March 2011

I fucking love mma...

I don't follow hockey, baseball, football or any other group hugging sport. I follow mma. Why you ask? Well that's a question I've been asked numerous times over the years, and my response has always been the same. You see, during almost any mma event I get to see a man, knee another man in the face. That's right, one dude takes his knee, and drives it into the other dudes fucking face!! How awesome is that??!!!!



Does it make me a sick fuck that I enjoy such a thing? Maybe. I mean there are so many things I love about MMA, there's the slick submissions, the brutal KO's, the 3 and 5 round wars, but there's something really fulfilling about someone taking a flying knee....... to the face.

There are some amazing knee/face combos out there, and sadly I've probably forgotten more than I remember. Yeah, I could do some research to remind myself, but then I'd have to do some research to remind myself, and that sounds like a lot of work. Watching Pride was when I really gained appreciation for knees being embedded into someones mouth. Shogun, Rampage and of course my man Wanderlei stand out in my foggy mind the most. Holy fucking shit, those were some crazy fights. There are some of those Japanese guys too, but I can never remember their names let alone pronounce them.



Watching Anderson beat Rich with those knees wasn't easy, but it was pretty freaking cool. And then there was WEC's Jose Aldo's double knee knockout. Double knee knockout. Double. Fucking. Knee. Knockout.

And as if almost to prove my point, Thursdays UFC event on Versus added an awesome knee/face to the list! Igor Pokrajac KTFO'd Todd Brown with an awesome knee in the first round!


My hat goes off to those who throw em, and also to those who receive em.....

No comments:

Post a Comment